The church of the Madonna del Rosario
The small church of Modeano was built in 1921, at the end of the reconstruction of all the buildings, looted and partially destroyed during the Austrian occupation, following the defeat of Caporetto, during the 1st World War.
It was dedicated to the Madonna del Rosario, of which it houses an eighteenth-century image of Austrian school. The Virgin Mary is represented with the baby Jesus in her arms, who pierces the serpent with the cross, between Saints Christopher, Lorenzo and Vito. Framed by 15 miniatures, surrounded by roses, depict the Mysteries of the Rosary. The outward appearance is unusual, inspired as it is by alpine models with a steeply sloping roof and a small bell tower crowning the facade.